Mission: REACH Prep provides access to transformative educational experiences that empower underserved, high-achieving students to graduate from top colleges and emerge as the next generation of leaders.
Organization: For 28 years, REACH Prep has helped motivated and talented Black and Latinx students from underserved communities in Fairfield and Westchester counties and the Bronx gain admission to and thrive in rigorous independent schools. Upon admission to REACH Prep at the end of fourth grade, students benefit from a 12-year educational continuum, including comprehensive academic preparation and enrichment, leadership training, and supplementary individual and family guidance that prepares them to succeed at and graduate from competitive colleges. REACH Prep’s model of access to high-quality education along with sustained, extensive, and long-term support achieves college success rates that defy trends and national statistics.
REACH Prep is easily accessible for those traveling from New York City or New Haven. Our office is conveniently located in downtown Stamford near Harbor Point and within a short walking distance from Stamford’s Metro North Station. Please note that REACH Prep is following all local, state and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 to ensure compliance and employee safety. Remote work option is available.
Position: REACH Prep seeks a Senior Development Manager who will report to and work in partnership with the Director of Development. This position will be responsible for developing and executing fundraising events, working with high impact volunteers, as well as communications such as the organization’s quarterly digital newsletter.
- Conceptualize and plan 2 – 3 major fundraising events/year working both independently and collaboratively with Director of Development
- Solicit sponsorships and in-kind donations
- Coordinate all aspects of a successful event such as theme, content creation, digital and printed event materials, promotion of the event, auction, paddle raise, volunteers
- Manage budgets, prepare reports, create timelines, collaborate with Directors, volunteers, and venue personnel to ensure successful events
- Conduct event revenue analysis and reconciliation
- Strategize and collaborate with Event Committees & high impact volunteers to exceed revenue goals
- Prepare agendas, participate in meetings, and interact with donors and Directors
- Consistently and actively utilize Salesforce data and reporting to conduct donor research, evaluate event ROI, generate reports and mailing lists
Marketing & Communications
- Identify and secure media placement to promote events (local event calendars, trending social media accounts and securing media sponsors)
- Develop and place content such as quarterly newsletters, e-blasts, and relevant social media posts
- College degree required
- Minimum of three years, full-time work experience in Fundraising and/or Development
- Experience with nonprofits, preferably those related to education and/or diversity or knowledge of this space
- Experience in coordinating all aspects of fundraising events
- Experience working with volunteers and event committees
- Experience with digital platforms including website content management, social media, e-mail marketing, CRM, donor databases
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Excellent communication skills including writing and proofreading ability
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact comfortably with a diverse group including donors, volunteers, students, parents and Alumni
- Demonstrates discretion, sound judgment and integrity
- Ability to thrive and work independently as well as collaboratively with a small team
- Valid driver’s license
Start Date: June 2022
Salary: REACH Prep offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 403(b) plan.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume via email only to Rosa Ortiz, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject title “REACH Prep Senior Director of Development”.
No phone calls, please. REACH Prep can respond only to those candidates who will receive an interview. Thank you.
REACH Prep is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.